Tuesday, December 6, 2011

yipee..finally I managed to climb low peak's of Mt Kinabalu on Nov 29

 
yeahhh..I managed to conquer Mt Kinabalu

After long ascent from Mesilau summit trail to Mt Kinabalu, finally my second attempt to conquer the highest mountain in Malaysia succeeded.

It was really challenging to climb Mt Kinabalu via Mesilau summit trail compare to Timpohon Gate. Most of new climbers will climb via Timpohon Gate and only certain people who want to experience adventure will choose Mesilau Trail.

We start our ascent from Mesilau on November 28 at about 10am and reached Laban Rata at 5pm.

It was a great achievement for me to climb the highest mountain in Malaysia via Mesilau trail which is quite far compared to Timpohon Gate. 

There is an extra 2km to climb Mt Kinabalu via Mesilau Trail. It took me one and half hours for two kilometre climbing. It's very challenging for me as I am not a professional climber.

I'm really proud to complete my ascent in Mt Kinabalu for second time. My first attempt was in April, but due to the heavy rains, we were not allowed to climb.

I am really happy to climb the mountain two time in 2011. Within a year, I climbed Mt Kinabalu via two different trails. It's really challenging. 

On the first day, we were faced difficulty to continue the ascent to Laban Rata because of heavy rain. When talking about the weather, I have to admit that by end of the year, Malaysia is facing rainy season.

Half way of the ascent to Laban Rata, it was heavy rain. We stop for a while at Kilometre 4 to have our lunch before continue 
 Although the weather is cold, my body started shaking but I motivate myself to continue with the ascent or I will not reach Laban Rata before 7pm.

After seven, the cafe in Laban Rata will close and the people who arrive after seven would not be provided with food. Oh no..i will suffer without food after long journey. So, it's motivate me more to reach Laban Rata on time to get my dinner :)


In heavy rain, with high spirit I continue my ascent. I just wore my raincoat or poncho. Luckily, I managed to arrive at Laban Rata at 5pm. Yeahhhh..it did it :)

For this adventure trip, there were eight of us. Unfortunately only two of us managed to climb to the summit on the next day (November 29). Here the photos taken during the two days adventure journey..
 
via Mesilau Summit Trail..I got two certificates
wit my sister friend..only two of us managed to climb the summit
view from the top of Mt Kinabalu at 6.15am on Nov 29
before the ascent start..posing at starting point, Mesilau Summit Trail
my sister, Yanti at starting point Mesliau Summit Trail

Trip to Imbak Canyon Day 3

Day 3 (25 March) in Imbak Canyon I woke up at 5am in the dark and took shower then proceed with breakfast at 6am. I couldn't slept...