Friday, April 12, 2019

Trip to Imbak Canyon Day 3



Day 3 (25 March) in Imbak Canyon

I woke up at 5am in the dark and took shower then proceed with breakfast at 6am.

I couldn't slept well, I woke up several times due to my problem to sleep in new places.

As soon as I woke up, first thing came up in my mind, where should I go today either Kuli Falls or Maya Falls.

I'm not considering myself as hardcore hikers although I enjoy hiking more than jogging. But I love diving more than everything.

Back to decision I made, although I think I can't make it within cut off time but I decided to join Kuli Fall team.



Start our day with big smile..excited before hiking

There were 10 of us media and Petronas staff plus 2 ranjers. Kudos to Petronas staff for accompanied us throughout the trekking to thr falls. I think for the staff, they have to be fit as most of their projects located in rural areas like this.

Kuli Falls is 2.3km away. We start our journey by climb up the hilly trail.

Trekking for around 500m climb the hilly trail in early morning not a good idea. My body not ready for heavy workout plus its only 7am.

Along the way up, I feel dizzy till I thought I almost faint. Once I breath slowly, my heartbeat back to normal and we continue the journey slowly.

We stop for several times to take a break and for photo session. The forest itself look amazing so, its require times to capture beauty of the forest.

curvy tree in our way to Kuli Falls
pose at a big tree, forgot the name of this tree species
holding the rope to descend
We walk at the same pace to ensure nobody left behind. Its a small group so better to reach the falls together.

One of my team keep fell due to slippery trail but no one get injured during the trekking. Certain part of the trail have a rope to hold. We have to be very careful and ascend & descend the trail by holding the rope provided one by one.

We reach Kuli Falls at 9.30am. We arrive early than we expected. We arrive within cut off time (11am).

Deep inside my heart, I feel proud with myself as I continue the journey by not giving up half way.

Our 2 hour 30 minutes of trekking really worth it when I saw amazing scenary at the falls.
Kuli Falls -pics courtesy of Information Department,Sabah
The ranjer said during rainy season this waterfall have more tiers. During our visit it was only 2 tiers but the breathtaking view still amazed me.

Since we arrive early, we have plenty of time to take photo, enjoying the view and had our lunch pack without a need to rush.




simple food with great ambience

barefoot to blend well with nature

this tree located strategically for people to pose there



At 11am, we start our journey back to the research station.

Surprisingly when we go back, it took around 1 hour 30 minute to the research station because we didn't take stop for photo session.

One by one we reach the station with a big round of applause fron other group.

After take a break and had our lunch. I went back the our room for shower then pack my back. We were told to leave the research station at 2pm.

During the lunch, I felt itcy and notice something in my stomach. The leech manage to go up till my upper body. I spray it with vinegar spray brought by my friend. They said vinegar or salt the most effective way to stop the leech sucking our blood and fall by itself.

Journey to come out from the station begin. I walk fast to be in the front. See...I take a good advice seriously.

Without stop, we come out from the forest within 45 minutes. It was much faster than when we going in that took almost 3 hours to reach the station.

Back to ICSC, we had our dinner. Very tiring day most of us sleep early as the next day, we havr to do coverage for an official launching of the Imbak Canyon Study Centre (ICSC) by Chief Minister of Sabah.







Trip to Imbak Canyon Day 3

Day 3 (25 March) in Imbak Canyon I woke up at 5am in the dark and took shower then proceed with breakfast at 6am. I couldn't slept...